So…August. We need to have a discussion. I was not ready for you. You were not invited yet. This was not the plan! The plan was beach and road trip and picnics and festivals and fairs and many more lazy days. We’ve covered about 14% of the items on my list. Cut a girl a break already!
Since there appears no stopping you, the next best alternative is to welcome you like a rabid cheerleading high school sports fan. In the case of my youth, basketball was our school’s sport of choice, and corny crowd cheers abounded. But in the interest of feeling young and energetic again, I’m hearkening back to those simpler teenage days and cheering myself on…
LET’S GO, HEIDI!
I mean that more as a kick in the everloving pants rather than a glib rah.
I know August is approaching half over, but I finally wrote down my goals for this month and thought I’d share them here. I’ve been using Lara Casey’s Power Sheets off and on this year to help me make focused, incremental progress on some of my dreams, and I’ve really enjoyed them!
- set up a section in my bullet journal for encouraging quotes/verses/mantras
- plan well for homeschooling
- start behind-the-scenes work to consolidate blogs (more on that later)
- establish and post AM and PM routines
- take Isla for her (i.e. our) inaugural American Girl Doll store experience <squee!!!!>
- come good on Gabe’s end-of-school present
- move money into the appropriate accounts to pay the credit card bill
- go on a date
- try out insta videos
- take the kids to the beach and splash pad
- set up my bullet journal each week and actually use it
- keep running (and stretching!)
- get more sleep…how? not sure, but try
- speak truth over the kids and connect with them on a positive level
- do yoga
What are you working on this month? Are you back to school already or are you still enjoying the lazy days of summer?