Six years ago, six years to go!
I had this grand idea a little while ago to come up with a list of 40 things I wanted to accomplish by the time I turned 40.
Ingenious, I thought! What a cool idea! I’m sure no one has thought of this before!
In brainstorming my list I turned to the trusty internet for ideas and found two unfortunate facts:
1. People had already thought this up.
2. Except they had thought it up for their 30th birthday.
Which might make me officially old and uncreative.
But I’m still going to do it, even if it makes me a lame, old copycat. So there.
A few years ago I tried a list of 101 Things in 1001 Days, but it didn’t end up being realistic because I basically treated it as a bucket list for my entire life. Which meant I either needed to have a lot more time or I needed to get really busy since I only had 1001 days left.
Here’s my list as it currently stands. I want to finalize it soon and could really use your help, because it’s not complete yet!
- Run a race
- Hit my goal weight
- Go to Disney
- Write a book
- Pay off credit cards
- Dye hair red
- Try to have one more baby
- Read the entire Bible
- Start a business
- Go away with Tahd for more than one consecutive night
- See a Broadway show
- Complete a Week in the Life album
- Complete a December Daily album
- Go camping
- Go canoeing
- Host a Harvest party
- Host a Favorite Things party
- Upgrade my camera body
- Ding dong ditch someone (with treats, not pranks)
- Go to a spa
- Go to a blog conference
- Meditate every day for a month
- Have a girls’ weekend with my mom and sisters
- Start saving for college
- Go to a concert
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Sew a dress for Isla
- Join a book club
- Knit a sweater
- Renew my passport
I might like to add something related to yoga and something related to decluttering. Other than that I’m not sure what else I want to add. So I need help because 32-by-32 isn’t really going to work for my 34-year-old self.
Any ideas? What would you add to your list? What might be fun? I’m open to any ideas – wild and crazy or mundane and practical.