I love reading blogs! They’re great sources – of inspiration, of information, of commiseration… Of course, I’ve hardly begun to scratch the surface in the infertility-related blogs that are available. If you know of a blog you think should be added to the blogroll, please contact me at slightlycosmopolitan at gmail dot com and when I have a few minutes (usually more like a few hours) to review it (more like get sucked in, go back to the beginning and read the entries from start to finish) and eventually add it to one category or another.
I’m especially interested in infertility-related blogs put out by professional resources, but please know they’re presence on this list is by no means an endorsement. I just love to read doctors talk about their trade.
Blogs by Fertility Specialists
- IVF Authority – This blog is written by Dr. Geoffrey Sher, director of the acclaimed Sher Institutes for Reproductive Medicine (SIRM). He is extremely thorough and provides detailed information.
- Infertility Blog - This blog is written by Dr. Licciardi, a Reproductive Endocrinologist out of NYU. He does several types of posts – infomational posts and response posts. You can use his comment sections to post him questions and he eventually answers them. It’s not great for questions you have needing timely answers, but he is obviously very knowledgable.
- Infertility Doctor – This is the blog of the Pacific Fertility Center.
- Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago Blog – This happens to be my doctor’s blog. It’s written by Dr. Richard Sherbahn, in whom I have great confidence that he knows the latest research related to infertility issues.
- The Fertility Doc – This blog is written by Dr. David Kreiner out of East Coast Fertility in New York.
- Be Well – Dr. Ali Domar, leading researcher on the issue of infertility and the mind/body connection, blogs here. I attended one of her Mind/Body Infertility Retreats in Waltham, MA, and it was absolutely excellent.
- The Spin Doctor – This isn’t actually a doctor, but it seems to fit in better here because it’s a professional blog. Andrew Vorzimer is a Reproductive Law Attorney and writes about the ethical and legal implications associated with reproductive treatments, including the use of donor eggs and surrogacy.